Calling all photographers! We are seeking your photos of nature in Cedar and Yellow Point, Vancouver Island, so that we may share the beauty and ecology of our region.
For the purposes of the contest, photos must be taken in the area from Elliot Beach Park in the south to Jack Point in the north, and from the ocean in the east to the highway in the west.
The YES Nature Photo Contest is open to all Canadian residents. You must be the author of the pictures you submit. There is no limit to how many photos you submit. There is an entrance fee of $5 per photo.
The contest lasts all year, to enable you to capture nature in every season. It ends at midnight on January 1st, 2021. We encourage earlier submissions, to reduce a last-minute rush.
The First Prize is $250. If we receive more than $250 in entry fees, we will distribute half the money as 2nd and 3rd prizes. The winners will be selected by a Jury, whose decisions will be final. The winners will be announced in a blaze of publicity in local media, the YES Newsletter and Facebook and Instagram during January 2021, and we will exhibit the winning photos in a local restaurant or café.
How to submit:
Submit your photo(s) to YESNaturePhotos2020@gmail.com with the subject line YES Nature Photo Contest. They must be high-resolution JPG format with high quality compression. Label each photo with the same word of your choosing (not your name) and a number, eg Marmalade01.jpg, Marmalade02.jpg.
To enable the judging to be impartial, photos must not show any identifying information. In your email, please include the following details:
- Your name.
- Your age. If you prefer to be vague, that’s okay. Our purpose is to identify young photographers.
- Your address.
- The location where each photo was taken, and any descriptive detail you care to add.
- $5 per entry. Payment can be by:
- Cheque or cash to Yellow Point Ecological Society, 13561 Barney Road, Ladysmith V9G 1E9
- E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PayPal to email@example.com
- All submitted photos must be original, of your own making.
- You retain ownership and copyright of your photos.
- You give YES permission to display photos you enter on our website, and to display the winning photos in a public place, with your credit.
- Photos that contain objectionable or inappropriate content are not acceptable, as determined by YES in its sole discretion.
- If content is shot with a drone, it must be in an area that allows drones and have been captured with the proper permissions and licenses.
- By submitting a photo to the YES Nature Photo Contest, you agree that you have read these conditions, and agree with them.